Congratulations to Brothers Denis Clos and Fernando Gonzalez on completing their 1st Degree on Monday, August 25th. Denis and Fernando are the first two inductees of our 2014-2015 fraternal year. The 1st Degree team consisted of Bob Hudson, Bob Diebold, Don Conner, Gerry Burns, Riley Lawhorn, and Henry Kelly. Don Conner and Bob Hudson served a welcome meal from leftovers from the CRHP weekend. Welcome Denis and Fernando to Council 10355!
- The 1st Hispanic Round Table was held and attended by five Knights.
- A Mass for Youth is planned for Feb. 28th, and a 4th Degree Honor Guard has been confirmed for the Mass.
- We thank those who assisted in selling Holy Cross 50th anniversary t-shirts.
- The soccer challenge is to be held at the September 13th 50th Anniversary Carnival and we need volunteers.
- The 1st Saturday Rosary on August 2nd had five members attending.
- The next Rosary is September 6th.
- Council Christmas Party is confirmed for Saturday, December 13th.
- The upcoming Fall 40 Days for Life will run September 24th through November 2. Council Knights will be working Wednesday evenings and Eugene asks for volunteers for all hours.
- The Wrecking Crew delivered donations by Henry Kelly to Father Ed.
- The Sandwich Ministry will be headed up by Ken Farnsworth and Don Conner.
- Gerry Burns will coordinate the upcoming FOCUS events: 9/6 spaghetti dinner and 10/25 Boo-B-Q. Please contact him to volunteer.
- A 1st degree is planned for August 25th.
- A 2nd Trivia Night is scheduled for November 15th.
- A 3rd Degree is planned for 9/13 at 10:00 at St. Pius in Conyers.
- Lecturer Dick Suever seeks a new initiative to assist families of deceased in order to volunteer the prayers and services of the Council. Dick will be further structuring the program but is looking for volunteers.
Brother Gerry Burns announced that the 2014 award recipient of The Harry Burns Knights of Columbus Scholarship is St. Pius X High School student Miss Feven Mussie. The endowment for the scholarship was initiated in 2003 at St. Pius X High School with the $15,000 endowment funded from three annual fundraising spaghetti dinners. Endowment interest generated is dispersed at 90% to the scholarship and 10% to the endowment. The current endowment amount is $17,600. Congratulations to Feven!
Do you know a family who deserves recognition of the work that they do for Holy Cross, community or council? The Knights would like to thank them by honoring them as Family of the Month. Please contact Matt Sherer at email@example.com for your nomination.
- New Grand Knight Don Cirino took charge of his first meeting in July, along with the following new officer slate.
- The new officers are: Deputy Grand Knight – Eric Bynum; Chancellor – Tom Carney; Recorder – James Coltrane; Advocate – James Baugher; Warden – Riley Lawhorn; Inside Guard – Miguel Zumaran; Outside Guard – Steve Defelice; Chaplain – Open; Lecturer – Dick Suever; Financial Secretary – Eugene Vigil; Treasurer – Bob Eichenberg; 1st Year Trustee – Tom Probst; 2nd Year Trustee – Bob Hudson; 3rd Year Trustee – Jim Moleta.
- The Altar Server Swim Party was held and a fun success.
- The next 1st Saturday Rosary is August 2nd.
- The Council is making plans for the Council’s 25th Anniversary party scheduled for the 1st Saturday of May.
- The Pro-Life Crossroads Walkers will be at Masses the weekend of Aug 2/3.
- Fall 40 Days for Life will begin soon.
- Father Richard asks that the Knights support the Holy Cross 50th anniversary events.