- The O’Hara Assembly, Fourth Degree is hosting a Trivia Night Saturday June 14, at Holy Cross. Our Council is invited to participate, as well as, do a “snack bar” with sandwiches and drinks, proceeds to go entirely to the Council. Admission fee of $10 will be retained by the Assembly for supporting the Frontline Faith Project. Frontline provides MP3 players to service personnel in combat zones who do not have regular access to a Catholic Chaplain. These players are free to service personnel through the area Catholic Chaplain.
- The morning of June 14, Flag Day, an Honor Guard of Fourth Degree Knights will assist the Holy Cross Boy Scout Troop with a flag raising and old flag disposal program after the morning Mass at the flag pole by the lower parking lot.
- Family of the Month: Raul, Maria and Daniel Valero of Norcross were recognized on April 18, 2014 at the 1:15 pm Mass. About seven years ago, the Valero’s came to Holy Cross. Three years ago, Daniel was born. Raul is from Venezuela and Maria is from Columbia. Raul has been involved in many different ministries: a Eucharist minister, a Catechist in the RCIA program, and helping to educate and prepare parents for their child’s First Communion. A photographer, Raul took pictures at Easter and made CDs for RCIA candidates. He also provided free computer class and is quick to lend a hand. Any family belonging to Holy Cross Catholic Church is eligible to become a Family of the Month. Please submit your nomination to Knight James Coltrane.
- The Wrecking Krewe: The Wrecking Krewe is often called upon to help a fellow Knight, parishioner, or neighbor in the Tucker Community. Since more often than not, we are informed of such needs on short notice and can not notify you in the Newsletter Calendar, we are asking you to reply to the newsletter e-mail with a good contact e-mail address and/or telephone number that can receive a text message, so we can inform you of upcoming projects. It is always easier when we have many helping hands. In late April and early May, Tom and Leslie Carney, the organizers of the Wrecking Krewe, sent pleas for assistance to move a Holy Cross parishioner and fellow Knight Eugene Vigil into their new homes. We want to thank those who were able to help, Kevin Carman, Kevin’s son Nick, Don Cirino, and Dean Gardner. We need more participation and support with this important ministry.
- Please Pray for: Gerald Davy, Fred Stephenson, Tom Gissy (PSD), Chuck Federico (PSD), Jackie Broughton, Liela Liuzza, Scott Harden, Holly Johnston, Mario Martinez, Jerry Maxwell, Joan Reed, Dan Schields, Dick Suevers’ son, Elisa Vigil, and Eula White.
Upcoming Calendar – June 2014
Saturday: June 7, First Saturday Rosary following the 9:15 am Mass in Latin
Saturday: June 7, Third Degree in Greensboro, GA (Contact Herb if interested)
Monday: June 9, Game Night at 7:00 pm
Saturday: June 14, Flag Day (Boy Scout and 4th Degree activities)
Saturday: June 14, Trivia Night at 6:30 pm at Holy Cross
Sunday: June 15, Breakfast after the 7:30 and 9:00 Masses
Monday: June 16, Business Meeting at 7:30 pm (Dinner 6:45 pm)
Saturday: June 28, Lunch for the Garden Ministry at 10:30 am
Upcoming Calendar – July 2014
Friday: July 4, Happy Independence Day
Saturday: July 5, First Saturday Rosary following the 9:15 am Mass in Latin
Monday: July 14, Game Night at 7:00 pm
Sunday: July 20, Breakfast after the 7:30 and 9:00 Masses
Monday: July 21, Business Meeting at 7:30 pm (Dinner 6:45 pm)
Saturday: July 26, Lunch for the Garden Ministry at 10:30 am